Decorating your bedroom in just black and white is a great design option for a master bedroom because it lends itself to soothing serenity. When decorating bedrooms, it is important to create a relaxing mood because bedrooms is where we usually retire to take a good night sleep and rejuvenate the energy we lost during the day. Here are seven useful tips on decorating bedroom in black and white using a minimalist approach from ehow.com. At the end of this post, is a roundup of ten inspiring bedroom decorating ideas you can use to style your own minimalist bedroom layout.
But, before you apply our ideas, you need to be sure whether this is the right option for you. Many people think that white and black bedroom is an excellent addition to their home because it represents elegance. But, sometimes such space can look a bit overwhelming. In most cases, men chose the combination of black and white for their rooms while women are drawn towards warm tones. But, if you think this is the right choice for you, then check out our suggestions.
1) Choose a simple bed – a pencil-post, plain wrought-iron or steel style. Dress the bed simply, omitting piles of pillows, frilly dust ruffles and flounced shams.
2) Top the bedside tables with basic lamps and shades. A flat paper shade on a solid-color ginger-jar lamp works in a traditional room; in a more modern environment, go with cubes or cylinders of solid-color wood or ceramic or with a metal lamp.
3) Select plain chests of drawers and dressers, too. Simple styling – without fancy carving and ornate drawer pulls – works best for this style.
4) Pare down tabletop clutter. Try to limit it to a pretty plate as a drop-off for keys and pocket change, an alarm clock and a tissue box.
5) Keep window coverings low-key. Plantation shutters or 2-inch-wide wood blinds work well, as do tab-top curtains on a wrought-iron rod.
6) Keep pictures to a minimum or you’ll end up with clutter on walls and tabletops. It’s better to use just a few large pictures in the room.
7) Set a single basic side chair in a handy place for putting on and taking off shoes.
Below are seven awesome examples of modern and minimalist bedroom decorating ideas. I hope these pictures will give you some inspiration in decorating your own minimalist bedroom space.