Japanese-Inspired Bedrooms: 10 Minimalist Bedroom Designs
When designing a Japanese-inspired bedroom, one must consider the important aspects of Japanese design. Above all, Japanese bedrooms are characterized by minimalism and simplicity. Japanese are also well-known for using furniture with multi-function. Each furniture and other design elements used in decorating a Japanese bedroom also has symbolism as indicated in the Zen philosophy that the Japanese believe in. Generally, however, a Japanese-inspired bedroom is characterized by the following:
1) Get rid of any unused items or furniture in your bedroom. Japanese design is about functionality,simplicity and cleanliness.
2) Use natural materials and natural light such as stones and wood.Lighting fixtures must be concealed or recessed or are altogether minimized since natural lighting is the main source of light for the room.
3) To create an atmosphere of tranquility and serenity, use muted colors, such as greens and graysto minimize visual “noise”.
4) Furniture is also low and near the ground, not only to create the illusion of a bigger space but also to signify stability and comfort.
5) Minimize the use of accessories and décor in a Japanese bedroom in order to veer away from clutter and to focus on the inner self.
Below, are some Japanese-inspired bedroom where you can draw inspiration from in case you are on your way to designing a Zen bedroom. A Japanese theme will surely add character to your bedroom even if you are just renting your place.
01-Modloft Worth Japanese Modern Platform Bedroom Set
02-Japanese-inspired Osaka bedroom
03-Selex Crono Modern Platform Bed by Milmueble
04-Selex Blok Ebony Walk-on Bedroom Set
05-Modern Bedroom via Freshome
06-Modern Bedroom via Freshome
07-Modern Bedroom via Freshome
08-Japanese-Inspired Bedroom Design
10-Japanese-Inspired Bedroom Design