Home Gym Design Ideas: Useful Tips and Examples
Having a gym or exercise room right inside your house is an excellent idea if you want you and your family stay fit and healthy. By doing so, you have no more excuse for not exercising. You do not need to get up early since you can exercise any time of the day. Also, there is no need for you to drive or commute just to go to a gym. On top of that, you can use your gym forever so you save money on gym membership fees, which are quite expensive.
I have been looking around for inspiration and tips on how to set up a home gym without breaking the bank. So here, I’m going to share with you some helpful tips and things to consider when setting up a home gym.
1. In setting up a home gym, you do not need fancy and expensive equipment. All you need is an equipment to get your heart rate up for a cardio workout and some strength equipment to firm up.
2. Choose a corner in your house that you can put all your fitness gear. But, if you have a spare room for this, then that is so much better.
3. For basic equipment, these are the gear and equipment that most fitness guru recommend:
- Jump Rope:You can burn around 100 calories in just 10 minutes with this high-impact exercise.
- Free weights: A set of light dumbbells or a light barbell is fine if you’re just starting out. If you’re more advanced, you may want a range of sizes.
- Rubber Resistance Bands and Tubes: These simple gears mimic machine moves and target back, hip, and inner thigh muscles that are hard to hit with dumbbell exercises.
- Stability ball: This is a big ball that you can use for crunches, squats, sit-ups and for any exercise you may normally need a bench for, such as dumbbell presses.
- Cardio equipment: This is the area where you might need to spend more because equipment like elliptical trainer, treadmill or bicycle can cost more than a weighted jump rope. But, of course, if the weather permits, you can always go out and jog, walk or run. All you need is a good pair of running shoes.
Most importantly, exercising is also a good way to spend quality time with the family. Thus, not only can it lead to better health, it can also help a family build better relationship.
Below, I would like to share some home gym pictures so you will have ideas and inspiration in case you are about to build your own exercise room or area in your house.