I never thought orange could be a nice color for a bedroom. For one, orange is a bright and bold color and having it on your bedroom walls could make the atmosphere overwhelming. Of course we do not want this since bedroom is usually the place in our house where we relax and rest.
However, stumbling upon pictures of bedroom in orange color as the motif of the overall design made me realized that, indeed, orange, if done correctly, could make a room look cheerful and modern. In the psychology of colors, orange combines the energy of red with the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine and the tropics. It represents enthusiasm, happiness, attractiveness, creativity, determination, success, courage and encouragement. Thus, painting your bedroom walls with orange or accenting your bedroom with the color orange can bring in positive energy.
Here are a few tips on how to decorate with different shades of orange successfully.
- Consider the amount of orange that you want to bring to your bedroom. You may paint your walls with delicate peach or a vivid orange such as the color of fruit. When deciding on the intensity of orange that you would like to use, try to consider the size of your room, your personal design style and the light in your space. Remember that the brighter orange you pick, the more work you will have to put into creating a balanced space.
- If you are not comfortable with having an orange bedroom just because it does not seem subtle, then choose an orange tone with lots of gray tones in it. It is going to look like a deeper shade of peach but will still have the personality that you want to achieve with orange.
- Another way to use orange is to use it in a traditional setting such as using a burnt orange that is not so loud. Afterwards, you can just go with dark wood furniture and rich suede fabrics on the bed.
- Another way is to use orange as accents in your bedroom. If you have a gray or white bedroom, cheer things up and show off your personality by putting orange duvet cover or curtains.
- In Tuscan designs, orange is very common because it brings in a lot of warmth. Try using silk drapes that almost look like bronze for an elegant feel. Another way is to use wood tones that have a hint of orange to them.
Find more inspiration on decorating with color colors from the photos of beautiful orange bedrooms below. These pictures are just previews. make sure to visit the link to find out more about each bedroom design. There are a lot of information that you can get from where these pictures were sourced.