White-on-white bathrooms remain popular because they look sleek and clean. Many homeowners and designers prefer the all-white bathroom because of the association of white to cleanliness, purity, hygiene and health. Here are a few tips on how to effectively design an all-white bathroom.
- Use a variety of white shades such as biscuit for your fixtures, paper white for your counter tops. For accessories, you may use alabaster or clear glass.
- Take advantage of textures when designing white-on-white bathrooms. You can combine brushed, tumbled and shiny surfaces to make your bathroom interesting and break the monotony. You may, for example, opt for glossy white toilet, sink and bathtub and matte-finish tile.
3.To bring the all-white bathroom to life, you may add in some decorative tiles or accents in the same shade of white such as ceramic accents, marble borders, or glass tiles in a snow-white color. This way you can prevent your white bathroom from appearing stark, while giving it some additional depth and interest.
- You should install a showpiece bathtub because there is something very luxurious about it. Considering that walls of your bath will be white; you can experiment with the tub shades. It can have a shiny white finish or even silver one. On the other hand, its legs can be in shades like red or yellow.
- Every bathroom needs a rug. If your bath has white floors, walls, and cabinets, it will provide you an open and airy space. But, if you want to add a burst of nonpermanent colors, the rug is an excellent idea. You can change the color of the carpet, depending on your mood. Just remember, anything goes with white, so your options are limitless.
- The lightning is an essential part of your decorating process, and whether you want to achieve a warm, luxury or rustic effect, you need a chandelier. It will draw attention upwards and make your room appear larger and taller.
- This might be the oldest trick in the book, but it works. A well-placed mirror can transform your bathroom and make it appear twice as larger. You can play with the designs, shapes, and colors and find a mirror that matches your needs.